Sunday, April 1, 2012

I Phones, Hippies, and phone companies


Who here has an I phone, it is a pretty amazing piece of technology huh? A blackberry meh not so much , but it is better than some bush league Motorola. I will say one thing first i don’t like the I phone because it is an apple product. Which for some reason, people seem to have formed a cult around a company that partakes in the same corporate bull shit that every other company does to get rich. Some of you people are waiting for the resurrection of Steve Jobs. But I’ll rant on you apple worshiping knobs later. As for right now let us get back to the I Phone. It is an amazing thing. I can waste hours of possibly productive time anywhere I can get a cell signal. I don’t just have the ability to purchase music, but also figure out the name of that song, thank god for shazaam. However, if there is one thing that ruins such an amazing piece of technology it is that it is tied to a phone company.
This is the real issue of our society. While all the hippies are banging drums outside the oil sands, chaining themselves to refineries, and bitching about the evils of the oil gas companies. The true source of evil in our society is the phone companies. You know what I am talking about if you have ever talked to representative over the phone or gone into a store to discuss an issue with your bill. Unless you are there to sign your soul over to Bell, TELUS, or Rogers for at least three years, they wouldn’t care if you were bleeding out on the store floor.
I have stood in a bell store and felt time stop. I have sat there with an issue for hour and half. But they can sign you up for a new contract in minutes. You say, “excuse me I have an issue with my phone” they respond with, “do you want to replace it and get a new contract”? If you respond no then they will stare at you blankly. You ask them If you can get a lender and get it fixed and they let out a long sigh and ask if you are sure. Of course I am sure fix my damn phone! I want consumers to chain themselves to their usless displays and sing clever songs about how they are tired of being treated like crap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment